Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chapter 9 - Stellar Hineys & Carriage Rides

*New Year’s Eve*

I awoke abruptly from a deep sleep. My dreams so full of Edward, so vivid, so real, so explicit? Coming from the mind of someone who’d never had sex, it was perplexing.

After some time to ponder, I decided to blame my ‘sexy dreams’ on the fact that I’m head over heels in love with Edward a.k.a. ‘Sexward’ Masen.

And also the fact that I‘ve seen his naked tushy.

It’s true that I’d seen several of Edward’s movies over the last few years. But none of them got me ’worked up’ quite as much as September Ends. It was a steamy love story Edward filmed last year.

There were a couple scenes in which viewers were treated to a view of Edward’s naked backside. After that, I decided that his hiney should be added to the official list of ‘man-made wonders’ of the world, make that the top of the list.

I mean really, what woman (or man for that matter) wouldn’t appreciate a view of his posterior over going to the trouble and expense of traveling all the way to Egypt for some stupid pyramids.

No-fucking-body that’s who.

The problem is that during all the days since I’d met him, that movie had not even crossed my mind. Now, thanks to the dream, everything was brought back into vivid focus. I wasn’t really sure how I would face him today without blushing like a nun in a whorehouse.

I was brought out of my internal ramblings by my phone, signaling a text. It was from Rose.

B-


Brunch at the Fairmont, 11am with the ‘rents. Edward is attending.
You and Charlie are riding with us. Wear your ‘flutter dress’.


-R

I don’t know what I’d do without Rose to boss me around. I went and pulled the dress from my closet. It was made up of two layers of black material, the top being sheer with tiny butterflies all over it, hence the name ‘flutter dress’. I laid the dress on my bed.

I walked through the apartment and found Charlie in the kitchen, he’d already put the sleeper sofa back to rights, and was drinking his morning coffee.

“Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?” He asked while kissing my cheek

“Really well, my headache is gone.” I answered. “Were you comfortable?”

“Sure. I told you before that your sofa bed is very comfortable Bells.”

It was a well-known fact that whenever Charlie came to Seattle, he stayed with me. There were two reasons for this. The first being that he didn’t approve of Emmett and Rose’s co-habitation outside of marriage. The second being that there was no way he wanted to be within earshot when they decided to ’get romantic’.

“Um, what time did Edward leave last night?” I asked.

“Oh, I guess it was about midnight. He said goodnight to you through your door, but I guess you couldn’t hear. As much as I like the guy, I wasn’t going to let him in your bedroom, so he made due.” Charlie grinned while I rolled my eyes.

I thought back to last night. I had sat there most of the evening stunned into silence as Edward and his new best friend Charlie talked and laughed and joked and then talked some more. You get the idea.

As a matter of fact, they were so involved in their little bromance that I doubt either of them noticed when I slipped off to bed.

And to think I owe it all to Clint Eastwood.

“I’m going to take a shower.” I said as I exited the room.

After my shower, I was walking toward my bedroom when I heard my Dad talking to someone. From the doorway, I could see that he was speaking on my cell phone.

“Oh, here she comes now Edward.” He smiled as he handed the phone to me.

I smiled back. “Hello Edward.” My stomach did a little flip.

“Hello Bella. I just wanted to apologize for last night. I didn’t mean to ignore you. It’s just that I really wanted your Dad to like me. I’m glad he seems to.” By now Dad had walked into the other room.

“That’s an understatement Edward. I think he’s ready to either adopt you or become your blood brother. And I’m not upset, it’s just kind of surreal.”

Edward laughed. “You’re telling me, one minute I was sure he hated my guts, and the next he was inviting me fishing whenever you and I go to Forks.”

Wow. Dad never goes fishing with people he barely knows. He says they screw up his focus. And he’s expecting Edward to come to Forks with me. Squee.

“I guess I’d better let you get ready.” Edward said with a sigh. “I’ll see you soon. I love you Bella.”

“I love you too.”

The brunch today was usually the type of thing I would avoid like the plague. Since I’d met and fallen in love with Edward, all bets were off. Old Bella was fading away, and I was sure I wouldn’t miss her.

--V&V--

We arrived at the Fairmont’s restaurant at 11 exactly. The Whitlock’s had reserved a large table in a secluded section. We were the last to arrive. Edward noticed me as soon as I approached, and a dazzling smile lit up his face.

All the men at the table immediately rose out of their chairs until the ladies were seated. Edward was on the far side of the table, with Alice and Jasper to his left, and an empty seat to his right. I started to walk around there to sit beside him, when Chief Swan breezed past me and immediately planted his ass in the open seat.

I stood beside the table looking at my Dad with the same ’what-the-fuck?’ expression on my face that I usually reserved for Emmett.

Emmett found the whole thing hilarious. He laughed loudly, then took my hand and had me sit next to him and Rose, across from Edward.

Edward mouthed ‘I’m sorry’, and shrugged one shoulder, a little bewildered.

I had forgotten how talkative Rose and Jasper’s Mother was, and by contrast, how quiet and stoic their father was. The conversation was lively, with Mrs. Whitlock monopolizing most of it.

“I still don’t know why I even invited my cousin Sylvia to go on that cruise with us.” Mrs. Whitlock began. “Aside from the fact that she provided a little ’female’ companionship, and would go to the spa and shopping with me, she was quite an embarrassment from the very first day.” She blabbered on.

“We attended a cocktail party that first night, and she actually had the lack of decency to walk around the room with a lit cigarette in her hand!” Mrs. Whitlock looked like she was going to get a case of the ‘vapors’.

“Now I hope you would never do anything like that Rosalie. Everyone knows that a lady remains seated while smoking.” I could hear Emmett snickering beside me as Mrs. Whitlock went on to describe her cousin’s many faults which seemingly all stem from the woman’s questionable lineage on her mother’s side, and the fact that she never pledged a sorority in college.

“My mother always believed that Sylvia’s mother married my Uncle Alfred because she wanted a ‘Sugar Daddy’.”

I spent a little time watching Edward interact with the Chief. He really was gorgeous, and he wanted me. I didn’t think I’d ever get used to it.

“Jasper and Rose, I spoke with Nana Whitlock on the phone this morning. I believe she’s starting to lose it.” Mrs. Whitlock stated while giving her husband an arched glare, as if his mother going senile was somehow his fault. Colonel Whitlock ignored her and continued eating.

“She actually asked me how Francis was doing. At first I thought she was referring to your father, since his name is Frank. Although no one would call him Francis unless they had a death wish.” Colonel Whitlock was a military man, and he did have an air of unpredictability about him.

“Then I realized that she was asking about you Jasper.” I heard Jasper groan as he palmed his face.

I must have had a confused look, because Mrs. Whitlock decided I needed a full explanation. “You see Bella, Jasper’s name is actually Francis Jasper. Like a lot of Southern families we call our son by his middle name.”

Jasper had obviously kept his first name a well-guarded secret. Come to think of it, I don’t remember seeing ‘Francis’ anywhere on his and Alice’s wedding invitation. Interesting.

I heard Emmett chuckling beside me. It was as if Mrs. Whitlock had just handed him his own personal whoopee cushion to use for the rest of the day.

And so he did. For the next hour it was, “Hey there Francis would you mind passing the sugar?” or “Francis, or do you prefer Franny or maybe Fran? Would you please pass the salt and pepper?” And so it continued, making this Jasper’s most uncomfortable meal ever. “Hey Frana-lama-dingdong would you toss me that basket of rolls?”

I felt so bad for Jasper, especially when we all, including Alice, laughed along with Emmett.

I looked over at Edward, still talking with my Dad. On the one hand, I could kill Charlie for monopolizing him, but on the other I was so happy that they were getting along.

Edward looked over at me and smiled his most panty-dropping smile.

Don’t think about his butt, don’t think about his butt.

“Bella, what are you thinking about?” He asked.

I felt the blush creep up my face. “I was just thinking about Rear Ends, ugh, um, I mean September Ends.” I spluttered out.

Why did I get out of bed this morning?

Emmett perked up at that. “Oh, I saw that movie. Kind of a little different than your usual Edward.”

“Yes, I really wanted to work with that director, so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.” Edward answered.

“It was a good flick. And from one guy to another, but in a non-homosexual kind of way, you got a nice ass.”

Edward almost choked on his coffee. I pinched Emmett’s arm. Rosalie just looked amused.

“Stop it Emmett.” I snarked.

“What? It was a compliment. I’d even consider doing a movie if I could have my stellar ass shown to people all around the world.” He grinned.

“Is that the goal you’re working toward Emmett? Because as it is now, you ‘show your ass’ in public daily.” I said as I laughed.

--V&V--

This evening was going to be special. Unbeknownst to Rosalie, Emmett had been planning for months to propose to her on New Year‘s Eve. He’d reserved the grand ballroom of the Westin Hotel, complete with live jazz band.

He’d invited his teammates and their spouses, Rose’s and my co-workers from WIRI, along with our family and friends.

Rosalie was really excited because she knew Emmett was taking her on a ‘Champagne Carriage Ride’ around Seattle, and then they would attend what she thought was a Seahawks New Year’s Eve party at the Westin.

As soon as Emmett and Rose left for their carriage ride, Edward would arrive to take Charlie and me to the party.

At about four o’clock Emmett’s familiar knock sounded on my door. Dad answered it. I took one look at my brother’s face and panicked. “What’s wrong?”

He looked over at me. “Wrong? Oh nothing, sorry, Rose is getting ready. I’m just a little freaked out right now.” He answered.

“Emmett, you’re not supposed to get cold feet until the wedding.” Dad joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Emmett sighed. “I know. It’s not cold feet, I know for sure that Rose is it for me, I can’t wait to marry her.” He sat down on my sofa and rubbed his hands together.

I’d never seen my overly self-confident brother nervous before. I was quite taken aback. “Emmett, let Dad and I help you, what’s going on?”

“It’s just, maybe I’m doing this all wrong. I’m second-guessing myself and this huge production tonight, thinking Rose maybe won’t like it. I don’t know.” He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. “Do you really think she’ll say yes?”

That’s the point where I started to laugh. “You’re kidding right? You’re trying to get a reaction out of me, because there is no way Rose will refuse you. O my God Emmett, this ’production’ is exactly what Rose would want. She loves attention. She loves to be in the spotlight.”

“Have you forgotten that Rose is the one that, at every one of your football games, flashes her tits at the cameramen so they’ll put her up on the big video screen?” Charlie grimaced. “Sorry Dad. That girl loves having all eyes on her. Trust me, you‘re doing this exactly right.”

“Bella’s right son. Rose loves you more than anything. Why else would she put up with all your shit?” Eloquently put as ever, Chief Swan.

--V&V--

Edward arrived as soon as Emmett and Rose left. This time, I ran ahead of Charlie so I could answer the door. I was so happy to see Edward, that I forgot myself for a moment and threw my arms around his neck.

“Wow, if I leave and come back can I get the same greeting again?” He asked with a breathtaking smile.

“You’re not going anywhere Mister.” I was absolutely giddy.

I took a step back so that I could look at him. He was gorgeous in his suit, and he seemed to appreciate my little black evening dress very much.

“You look so lovely Bella.”

The ballroom was gorgeous. Emmett had enlisted the help of Rose’s Mother to make everything perfect. There were twinkle lights and beautiful flowers, it looked like a scene from a fairytale.

Edward deposited me at one of the tables while he went to get us both drinks. I checked the time. Emmett and Rose should be arriving shortly from their carriage ride, but instead of proposing to her there, he was going to do it in front of all of us. Just like Rose would want.

Finally, we were given the ’high sign’ that the happy couple had just arrived. All the guests lined up around the edge of the dance floor, and watched for their entrance.

As Rose and Emmett entered the ballroom, hand in hand, a spotlight was immediately trained on them. A chair had been placed in the center of the dance floor, and Emmett led a bewildered Rosalie straight to it. She still seemed a little confused as she sat there looking around, but as soon as she spotted us, her closest family and friends, I saw the first of many tears start to trickle down her cheeks.

I saw Jasper blow her a sweet kiss from where he stood, and Rose cried harder as she returned it.

Emmett stood before her with his head bowed.

“Rosalie, I feel like I’m years late doing this. I think I’ve loved you since the first night I met you. Do you remember babe? My friends and I crashed that party in Seattle, and I saw you. I felt like a blind man that had just been given his sight. After I beat the shit out of your stalker ex-boyfriend, and you helped fix the cuts on my face, I knew I had to be with you forever.“

Well that was sweet, I guess.

“You are already the main reason I get out of bed every morning. You’re the reason I hurry home every night. When I’m not with you, it’s hard to breathe.”

“I know the vows say ‘for better or for worse’, and baby you’ve already seen me at my worst, and you stuck with me. After Mom died, you helped me through those terrible days, you held me together. I can’t believe I’ve let so many years go by without begging you to spend the rest of your life with me.”

“Rosie, when we’re old and grey, sitting on our front porch with our great-grandchildren, I just want to be able to park my walker next to yours, lean over to turn up the volume on your hearing aid, and say ’Baby, I’m so glad you said yes’.”

And with those words, my brother dropped to one knee, and pulled a small velvet box from his jacket pocket. “Rosalie Whitlock, I love you from the bottom of my heart. I’ve been yours from the moment we met. Say you’ll be mine forever, please be my wife?”

Rose, who by this time was a blubbering mess, threw her arms around my brother’s neck, looked into his eyes, and answered with a resounding “Fuck yes!”

I wasn’t surprised, it was Rosalie after all.

The chair was taken away as Emmett pulled Rose into a tight embrace. The band began “True Love”, and my brother danced the first dance with his fiance, the love of his life.

I was blubbering almost as much as Rosalie, and even Charlie looked choked up. Someone on stage invited the rest of the guests to dance, and I immediately felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. Knowing it was Edward, I turned to face him.

“Would you care to dance Miss Swan?” Gah, I needed to pinch myself to determine that all this was actually really happening.

“If you lead me, I will. I’m not very good at it.” I answered.

Dancing with Edward was almost as good as kissing him.

Are you kidding? No, it really wasn’t. But it did give me a good excuse to put my arms around him in public. Score!

From that moment on, he never left my side for the rest of the evening. The one exception being when Rose yanked me into the ladies room for some ’girl talk’, and to admire her ring.

Rose proceeded to tell me what a big, stupid, lovable brother I had, and how deliriously happy she was.

Her tears flowed all night. It seems that my brother’s marriage proposal had burst the dam behind which all those years of Rose’s bottled up tears had been residing. She was what her Mama referred to as ’a hot mess’.

Edward did allow me to dance with Charlie, and even Emmett, but the rest of the time, if he wasn’t dancing with me, he had an arm around my waist or my hand in his. We seemed to feel the need to be close. As midnight approached, this need intensified. I guess we were both afraid we’d miss the opportunity to be in each other’s arms at the stroke of twelve.

During our last dance of the old year, Edward breathed in my ear. “Isabella, would you see the new year in with me?”

As if he needed to ask.

“I don’t know Mr. Masen, that guy over there was giving me the eye, don’t you think he’s kind of hot?” I said as I pointed at a guy who could be Les Grossman’s double.

Edward laughed. “Isabella, you are the most interesting person I’ve ever met. So unpredictable.”

Just then the countdown began…10.…9.…..8.….7.….6

“I love you Bella.”

5.……4.…..3.….

“I love you Edward.”

2.….1.…..

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!”

“Happy New Year my love.” And then his lips met mine in the kiss to end all kisses. I could feel the electric hum from the top of my head to tips of my toes. I couldn’t imagine that kissing anyone else could ever feel this way, and I had no intention of every finding out.

I could feel the stares of those around us, but I didn’t care. Eat your hearts out, he’s mine. Or at least he will be if we ever go on our first friggin date.

No distractions Bella, back to the kissing!

When we finally broke apart, who should be standing there but my brother with a shit-eating grin on his goofy face.

“Sorry Ed, gotta give my little sis a New Year’s kiss.” Emmett’s kiss was, of course, on my cheek, soon followed by Charlie’s and Rose’s.

The evening had been spectacular by anyone’s standards, and I was loathe for it to end, but I was dead beat.

Edward said goodbye to me at the door to my apartment. “Will I see you tomorrow Bella?”

“Aren’t you tired of me yet Mr. Masen?” I teased.

“Not by a long shot. I want to spend all my time with you.” I looked into his eyes and couldn’t doubt his sincerity.

“Come over tomorrow afternoon, I’m cooking dinner for New Year’s. Although we’ll probably eat in Emmett and Rose’s dining room because it’s a lot bigger than mine.”

“I have to go to Church in the morning. It’s a Holy Day.” I added.

“Oh?” He was curious now. “What Holy Day?”

I chuckled. “It’s Emmett’s favorite, the Feast of the Circumcision.”

Edward gave me a weird look. “Yeah, I know, if you’re not a Catholic, it’s hard to understand. Just be glad you’re not going to Church with us, Emmett is sure to be on his worst behavior.”

Edward laughed and then his expression grew serious. “I’d go to Church with you Bella, like I said I want to spend every day with you.”

“Maybe another time Edward. Trust me you don’t want it splattered all over the tabloids that Edward Masen is turning Catholic. I think we need to go on that date first.” I winked.

“I can’t wait Miss Swan.” He smiled, and kissed me sweetly.

“I love you and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“I love you too, goodbye Edward.”

1 comment:

  1. showlive-美女裸體免費聊天網站
    live173影音live秀-免費視訊-免費女主播聊天室
    live173影音視訊live秀-Q臺妹-真人摳逼裸聊
    live173影音live秀-國外免費開放裸聊室
    live173 視訊美女-免費進入裸聊室
    live173視訊影音live秀-免費夫妻視頻真人秀
    live173影音視訊live秀-免費進入主播裸聊室
    live173影音live秀-免費視訊-裸聊直播間免費
    live173影音live秀-免費同城交友裸聊室
    showlive-免費進入裸聊直播間
    天下聊語音視頻聊天網裸體美女色圖視頻台灣ut聊天室視頻台灣色b 語音視頻聊天室視訊正妹
    紅聊語音視頻聊天網美女熱舞視頻網台灣視頻秀聊天室台灣甜心視頻聊天室正妹視訊
    三聊語音視頻聊天室包養美女網真人午夜裸聊直播間同城一對一聊天室meme視訊聊天
    全球美女隨機視頻聊天外圍女交友網台灣裸體真人秀免費色女qq午夜聊天交友網meme視訊影音
    全球視頻聊天隨機網富豪美女交友社區台灣ut聊天室視訊網聊內衣聊天室視頻meme視訊交友

    ReplyDelete