Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chapter 6 - Enchiladas & Store Bought Ta Ta's

As soon as I got home, I threw together the ingredients for chicken enchiladas and a couple of side dishes. While the dinner was cooking, I went to my room to change my clothes.

I decided that I would dress casually. Just the same as if I were home relaxing. I had just slipped into my jeans and my fuzzy green v-neck sweater when my phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Hi Bella, I was just calling make sure you made it home.” Rosalie sounded a little wary.

“Hey Rose, yeah I’m here.”

“Oh good.” sounding relieved “I’m hoping to be home by 9. These clients can be a pain in the ass.”

“Sure, no problem. Hey Rose, I kind of invited Edward for dinner.”

Silence.

“I’ve made enough for Emmett also.”

“So I guess everything went okay today?” She asked quietly.

“Yeah, it was fine. He’s very nice.”

Rose drew in a deep breath. “That sounds great. Um, well, I’ll talk to you about everything later I guess. Bye honey”

“Bye Rose.”

I could tell that she was trying very hard not to overreact about Edward.

I straightened up my cozy apartment, making sure the tulips were on full display on my dining room table.

I took a healthy portion of dinner across the hall to Emmett. He greeted me with a big hug.

“I hear that Mr. Hollywood’s coming to dinner?” He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“Yes, I invited him.” I admitted.

He thought about that. “So, it was your idea?”

“Well, Edward asked me out. I just told him it would probably be more comfortable to have dinner here. You wouldn’t believe his crazy fans.”

“From the little I’ve seen, they are much more aggressive than the Seahawks fans.” I explained.

“So, he wanted to take you out on a date?”

“I guess, but I’m not going to date someone else’s boyfriend.”

Emmett looked at me with an expression that reminded me very much of Charlie. “Glad to hear that Bells.”

“Did you doubt me big brother?“

“No, I never doubted you, but I wasn’t sure how persuasive Edward could be. Thanks for easing my fears.“ He sighed.

“Well, I’d better get back, Edward will be arriving shortly.”

“Bells, remember I’m right over here if you need me.” He said quietly.

I gave him another hug. “Thanks brother bear.”

----------V&V----------

Edward arrived right on time, and I had to laugh when I saw him. “Great minds think alike.” I said when I realized he was also wearing jeans, and a green pullover sweater, the same color as my v-neck. We laughed.

That color really brings out his green eyes. Those piercing green eyes that say more than he’s willing to vocalize.

We had margaritas and then dinner. We fell into easy conversation, just as we had before, talking about our likes, our dislikes, our normal relatives, and the crazy ones. You can guess which category Emmett fell into.

After dinner, we sat on the sofa, and the conversation came back to my life before I returned to Forks. I could tell that Edward wanted to know about it, but he didn’t want to push me.

“Edward, I’m sorry for earlier today. I didn’t mean for that whole ‘favorite authors’ conversation to turn into something uncomfortable.”

“Bella please don’t worry about that. I want to know everything about you. I know it probably sounds crazy, and I’ve only known you a few days, but you’ve been on my mind a lot. I find myself worrying about you when we’re not together.”

“I’m sorry, I know I must sound like a freak.” He chuckled nervously.

“I understand Edward. I thought it was just me, but you’ve been on my mind a lot also. I think I’d like to become friends, if that’s okay with you? I don‘t have many friends.”

I want so much more, but you’ve got a girlfriend.

“I’d love to be your friend Bella.” He looked at me wistfully.

“Also, I think I’d like to try to share some of the things that happened to me, who knows, maybe it will help.”

I wrapped my arms around my stomach and stared at a magazine on the coffee table as I started to speak.

“I told you before that my mother was a free spirit. That also, unfortunately, applied to her love life. She dated so many unacceptable men in her quest for ‘Mr. Right’.” I said sadly.

“She never found him, because she’d already left him back in Forks. There was no one that was ever going to be better to her or for her than Charlie.”

“The sad thing is that I think she realized that, but was too proud to ever go back to him.”

“He would have taken her back too Edward, if she’d only asked.” My voice had dropped to a whisper.

“The one thing that I’ll give her though, she always put me before her boyfriends. If one of them spoke crossly to me, or made me feel uncomfortable, she sent them packing immediately.”

I took a deep breath while trying to control my shaking hands.

“When I was thirteen, we were living in Jacksonville, and she started dating a man named Jeff.”

Did Edward notice how that name caught in my throat?

“He gave me the creeps from day one, but I tried to hide it in order to give my Mom a fair chance at happiness. I was trying to be unselfish.” I shook my head at how naïve I was.

“The way he looked at me made me uncomfortable, and some of the things he said, I realize now were very suggestive. At the time, though, my innocent thirteen year old mind didn’t understand.”

Edward sat listening silently.

“She dated him for about a year, then she left him and moved us back to Phoenix, where we’d lived the first year after she divorced Charlie.”

“She never told me why she left Jeff. Within six months, she met Phil. He thought the world of her, and was very good to both of us. I believe they would have married if…”

At this point, my voice faltered. Edward reached over and took my hand, holding it in both of his. The zing of electricity was still there, but mostly it just felt comforting.

“I can’t tell you everything that happened right now. Suffice it to say that Jeff found out where we lived, and my Mother died.” I didn’t realize that I had started to sob.

Edward released my hand and placed his arms around me, pulling me to him. “Oh Bella, I wish I could make it go away. I would do anything to be able to do that for you.” He said as he held me.

My sobs quieted, and I was able to continue.

“Edward, if you didn’t already figure it out, I’ll just tell you. I’m broken. I don’t know if I’ll ever work right. I witnessed things that nobody, much less a fifteen year old child, should ever see or hear.” My voice was a whisper, but I was determined to say what I needed to.

“The majority of my scars are emotional. I was left with a broken leg, cracked ribs and cuts and bruises that all healed rather quickly. The only physical reminder I still have of what happened are these.” I showed Edward my wrists. I saw his eyes grow wide with alarm when he saw the purplish brown marks left there which resulted from my struggle to escape my captor. My skin would always be scarred from it.

“After that night, I can’t stand to have anything around my wrists. I don’t wear a watch or bracelets.” I whispered.

“My God Bella, what did he do to you?” His voice was alarmed.

“My mother saved me before he could physically damage me too much. But that doesn’t mean I’m not ruined. I fear I’ll never be normal. Some days that thought kills me Edward, it literally sucks me down into the blackness and my will alone isn’t enough to pull me out.”

“If I hadn’t had my family, I would not have made it. I think now you can understand my closeness to Rose and Emmett, and why they are a bit overprotective.” I smiled sadly at him.

Edward let out a loud sigh and tightened his hold around me “I do understand completely Bella. Please don’t feel that you have to explain all this to me right now. I don’t want to add to your pain.”

“I feel compelled to tell you this Edward.”

“For the last seven years, no man outside of my Dad, Emmett and our parish priest Father Pat could touch so much as my arm without literally sending me off the deep end. Sometimes I would just flinch, but worst case scenario would result in a full-fledged panic attack. It’s not a pretty sight, and I hope you never have to witness it.” I explained.

“Edward, I don’t know why, but I feel safe with you.” I looked up into his eyes. “I know you won’t hurt me.”

I can’t believe I’m telling some of my deepest darkest secrets to this beautiful man, and leaving myself so vulnerable. Please don’t break my heart.

Edward gently kissed the scars on each of my wrists. “I promise to never hurt you Bella.” He whispered into my ear.

I thought my heart would burst with happiness.

I sat there with Edward’s arms around me for what felt like the longest time. Eventually I was able to continue my story.

“My Dad and Emmett were devastated over the loss of my Mom, but they had the added burden of worrying about me.”

“Charlie had quit going to church after Mom and I left, I guess he was mad at God when his family fell apart.”

“The day after Mom’s funeral he had a long talk with Father Pat. The next Sunday he returned to Church, and has been attending ever since. I started to go with him, and when Emmett was home from college, he did also. We‘ve all gotten close to Father Pat, and he‘s become like a member of the family.”

“Between visits to my therapist, and my talks with Father Pat, I slowly began to feel human again.”

“I had moved back to Forks in May of my freshman year of high school. Charlie made arrangements with the school to allow me to do my lessons at home for the remainder of that school year. I’m a very dedicated student, so I kept up with the classes easily.”

“By September, my emotional state had improved enough to attend school.”

“After I graduated, I moved here for college, and you already know the rest.”

Edward looked deep in thought.

“Bella, I don’t know what to say” he trailed off.

“Edward, why don’t we talk about you for a while?” I asked, desperate now to change the subject. I was emotionally and physically exhausted.

“No.’” He answered quietly. “This is your day. We can talk about me another day.” He answered with a smile.

“I know what you just said about men, but you had to have had a boyfriend in high school or college, Bella. You‘re so beautiful, I can‘t imagine that no nice guys pursued you” He asked this with his brow furrowed, like he was bracing himself for bad news.

I shook my head, “No Edward. I couldn’t stand it if any boys got too close to me. I would have flashbacks to that terrible day. Dating for me, was never an option.”

“Some guys in high school tried to ask me out. I never said yes, so after a while, and with the help of my very public meltdowns, they stopped asking.”

“Eventually, even the girls stopped talking to me. I never even told my family about that.“

“It’s been better in college, but I also became an expert at keeping my shield in place. I don’t put myself in a position to be asked out. It’s quite easy if you apply yourself.” I smiled.

At that, Edward chuckled. “Oh Bella, I definitely know something about that.”

Huh? He dates all the time, what does that mean?

I was broken away from my thoughts by Edward’s voice again.

“Bella, you say it’s different with me?” He asked hopefully.

“Yes, with you I haven‘t had any of my usual reactions. It‘s almost like I‘m normal when I’m with you.”

I hope I’m not freaking him out.

“Do you think you could date me?” He asked quietly.

I sighed, and studied his face. I would need to address a lot of issues with him before that was possible.

“That depends Edward.”

“On what?”

“You would have to understand that I wouldn’t share.”

He knew exactly what I was referring to. He would have to give up Tanya, and all his bimbo dates.

He smiled. “Oh Bella, I wouldn’t expect you to want anything less.”

“Bella, I can’t explain everything to you now, but I promise I will soon. For now, I need you to believe me when I say that I’m not dating anyone. I have no girlfriend.“ He was so serious and sincere when he said this.

Could I believe him? If this is true than it must mean that he broke up with Tanya, and the tabloids hadn’t caught up with the news yet.

My mind was in a muddle, but I decided that it didn’t matter. I was falling fast for Edward, and there was no going back.

“I can’t wait to have that talk Edward.”

Edward smiled again.

When it was time for him to leave, he embraced me, and placed a sweet kiss on my cheek.

It was a perfect evening. I never once felt panicked. I never once needed to phone Emmett or Rose to rescue me.

I was in awe of these strange new feelings. I couldn’t help but conclude that this was deeper than a mere infatuation.

I was afraid to even think the word: love.

I said a silent prayer for my fragile heart, and went to sleep.

----------V&V----------

The next morning, I got up early again, dressed in one of my favorite dresses, it was black with red dots and cap sleeves. The forecast called for cold and rain, so I made sure to take my heaviest coat.

I had texted Rose just before I went to sleep the night before to let her know that everything with Edward had been pleasant, and therefore I never needed their help.

She texted back a smiley, and told me goodnight.

I put the coffee on to brew. Knowing that Rose had already left, I sent a quick text to Emmett.

Em-


If you’re awake and want to have coffee come over. Otherwise, I’ll see you later today.


-B

A few minutes later I heard his distinctive knock. Dum Dum Da Dum Dum…. Dum Dum.

I opened the door to my smiling but barely awake brother.

“Hey Bellaboo! Did you mention coffee?”

“Yes I did, Em. Come on in.”

Emmett sauntered into my kitchen and plopped down in a chair.

I quickly poured him a cup, and placed it in front of him.

“Thanks Bells.” He looked at me as he took his first sip. “So?”
I could tell that he was dying to know about last night.

“So?” I repeated teasingly.

“Come on Bells, don’t leave me hanging?” he whined.

“Well”, I hesitated, thinking of the right words, “I think I’m falling in love.”

Emmett was stunned into silence. Never in the history of mankind had that ever happened. He just sat there with his mouth hanging open.

“Emmett, snap out of it. Edward is not aware of the extent of my feelings, and he may never know them.”

“Bella, you can’t just spring something like that on me…give me some warning please!”

“Relax Emmett. I’m just weirded out because I’ve never felt this way before.”

“But you barely know him Bells.” Emmett still looked shocked.

“I’m aware of that…look I didn’t say I understood what’s going on. We have some sort of connection, and we’ve been getting to know each other.”

“Bells, I hate to put a damper on your happiness, but doesn’t he have a girlfriend? He shouldn’t be asking you out when he’s got a girlfriend.”

“I made it clear to him that if we dated, there had better be no one else. I’m going to leave it up to Edward to resolve that. I will say that he told me last night that he has no girlfriend, and I believed him.”

He thought for a few minutes.

“Well, maybe he broke up with that Tanya chick. I hope that doesn’t make you a ‘rebound’.”

“I’m just taking things one day at a time, and seeing where it leads.“ I answered.

He was quiet, still thinking. “I guess it sounds like you’ve got everything in hand then. I just worry that you’ll be hurt. I’d hate to have to kill a motherfucker.” He muttered.

“Em! You’re not killing anyone. You’re going to allow me to live a normal life. You should be happy for me. I’m not running away or avoiding for once.”

“I am happy for you Bells.” he sighed. “Just hope everything works out. I’d miss Rose if they put her away for ripping his balls off. “

I laughed.

“Could I ask you one thing Emmett?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Can you please keep the ‘falling in love’ part of this conversation between us, for now?”

He thought about it. “Yeah, I guess so.” He reluctantly agreed. “But you can’t slip up and get Rose pissed at me again for keeping things from her. There’s only so many times I can successfully protect my junk from Rosie’s wrath.”

I laughed. “I promise Em, and thank you for believing in me, you know, trusting my judgment. It means a lot.”

“Sure Sis, no problem. Okay, I’ve found out enough info to relay to Rosie. My work here is done. I’m going back to my bed.”

“Hey Em, don’t you mean the guest bed? You’re still in trouble, the week’s not over yet.”

“You know Rose’s ‘punishment’ didn’t even last a night. I’m an expert at breaking her will.” He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“Ugh, Overshare! Emmett.” I said as I pushed him toward the door.

“Oh Emmett?”

He looked at me questioning.

“Is everything still on for New Year’s Eve as planned?” I asked.

He face brightened. “Yes. I know it probably doesn’t sound very macho, but it can’t get here soon enough. I’ve been waiting a long time to ask her to marry me.”

I couldn’t help myself, I hugged him. “Rose is already my sister, I’m just glad it will finally be official.”

“Yeah, we should have done this a long time ago, but my head was pretty screwed up after Mom died. I just threw myself into my career you know, and I feel pretty lucky that Rose stuck with me all this time.”

“Emmett, she loves you, so much…” I rubbed his shoulder. “You spent a lot of time worrying about me, so did Rose.” He looked like he was going to argue with me, but I cut him off. “Don’t speak, just listen. You and Rose have spent too much of your lives taking care of me. I appreciate it, and I love you both more than I can ever say.” I said softly.

Emmett shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. “It‘s time that you started putting each other first.”

“And I can‘t wait to be a bridesmaid.” I added with a smile.

He smiled and hugged me goodbye, he didn’t need to say anything, and returned back across the hall.

Once I arrived at Edward’s hotel, I spent an hour on the phone re-arranging Edward’s flight home to L.A., and his business meetings for next week. He had decided to wait until Monday, January 4th to return home. I wasn’t sure what his reasons were, but he made his decision right after I told him I was off work and school until then.

While Edward read a script that Jasper had sent him, I went through a stack of Edward’s mail that had been forwarded to the hotel.

There was a wedding invitation for January 30th in Aspen. My eyes almost bugged out of my head when I read the names of the bride and groom.

Sylvia McGuire is going to marry Mark Sargent. The tabloids aren’t even aware that they’re dating. Wow, they’ve been keeping all this super-secret.

“Is everything alright Isabella?” Edward had noticed that I’d spaced out for a moment.

“Well, yeah, but you’ve got a wedding invite here for Sylvia McGuire and Mark Sargent. I’m amazed that they’ve been able to keep their relationship secret.”

He chuckled. “They’ve been seeing each other for two years. As you probably know, I’ve been in movies with both of them, but they‘ve never been in anything together. They met at the premiere of The Last Straw.”

That was one of Edward’s action movies from a couple of years ago.

“Wow. But won’t the tabloids go crazy when they find out they got married?”

“They’ve actually worked the media on this one. They have an exclusive agreement with People magazine to share their wedding photos, as long as People keeps quiet about everything for two weeks after the ceremony.”

“People plans the ‘big reveal’ in their Valentine’s Day issue.” He smiled and shook his head. “Everything is working out perfectly for them.”

“Do you plan to attend?”

“Absolutely, I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Could you respond for me please?”

Now came the difficult part. Did he plan to take anyone with him?

I cleared my throat. “How many should I say are attending?”

“Well, myself of course, and I was thinking of asking someone to attend with me.”

This was it, my moment of truth. I could feel the knots forming in my stomach. Who would it be? Had he already asked Tanya, and had a commitment to take her, or did he want to take someone else whose name I didn’t know?

Edward interrupted my worrying.

“Bella, would you consider going with me?” He asked softly.

This wasn’t what I expected. “Um, Edward, I don’t know how to answer that.”

He pursed his lips as he thought about my response. “Put me down with a plus one anyway. Maybe I’ll be able to talk you into it by then.” He said with a smile and a wink.

Dear God. I should be thrilled that he doesn’t want to take someone else, and I am thrilled. Unfortunately, I’m also nauseous because the hottest guy in Hollywood just asked me to go away with him for a weekend.

Nausea definitely winning.

I excused myself to Edward’s bathroom.

---------V&V----------

We didn’t have a lot of time to talk during the morning. Alice had sent her business partner, Christopher, over to fit Edward for a couple of suits.

Chris, as he preferred to be called, was a great guy. We chatted and laughed with him for over an hour as he worked. He referred to Alice as his ‘creative soul mate’, and he was so much like her that it was scary.

They had met in college, both majoring in fashion design.

“I absolutely fell in love with Alice the first day. She’s the only woman I’ve ever met that I’d seriously consider attempting to change my sexual orientation for. She‘s got it all bitches: beauty, intelligence, and fabulous style!“ We chuckled at Chris’s exuberance.

“Soon after that, she introduced me to that gorgeous hunk of man, Jasper.” He whispered Jasper’s name with reverence. Edward and I could barely contain our laughter.

I wonder if Jasper knows that Chris is carrying a torch for him.

“O, sorry my dears, sometimes just saying his name makes me lose my train of thought.” Chris shook his head and seemed to snap out of it. “Anyway, they are truly a match made in heaven, and someday they will make some beautiful babies!”

When Chris found out that my brother was Emmett Swan, I swear I saw his eyes glaze over. “Girlfriend, how can you even breathe surrounded by all these fine specimens of manhood!”

“Speaking of hunks, Edward, we are done here. There will be a couple of new suits delivered to you by Friday, along with Alice’s usual instructions.”

Just as Chris was packing up his bag, there was a loud rap at the door. I rushed over to open it, only to find Alice and Jasper on the other side, grinning from ear to ear.

“Hello everyone” Alice chirped. “Are we ready for lunch? Don‘t refuse, because I know Chris is done with you, Edward.”

“How did you know?” I looked at her questioningly.

Chris laughed “Bella honey, don’t ever bet against Alice” and then he added in a whisper “she’s a bit psychic“.

Alice giggled. “Chris, darling, are you sure you won’t come to lunch with us?”

“No Alice, I promised Gerry that I’d be home in time for our ‘date night’. So I’ll be catching a flight in a couple of hours. See you in Cali next week love.” He kissed Alice on both cheeks.

He turned to Jasper. “I see you’re still wearing those cowboy boots Jazz. Just remember that my offer still stands.” And then he winked at Jasper.

The expression on Jasper’s face was priceless. He actually looked frightened, and that he may have had trouble catching his breath.

Chris’s answering chuckle left no doubt that he was pleased with the reaction he could elicit from poor Jasper.

Chris turned to Edward and I. “Edward, always a pleasure to see you. You’re drool worthy on screen, and even more so in person.”

Edward just laughed.

“And Bella” he said as he took my hand, I didn’t pull it away. “You are truly a gem, I am so glad to have met you, sweetheart.” He then placed a light kiss on my hand.

“Well folks, I must dash. Being in a room with this many gorgeous people is starting to make me hyperventilate.” Chris said as he headed out the door.

Edward and I couldn’t contain our laughter any more. Poor Jasper just looked uncomfortable. Alice giggled and patted her husband’s chest.

“Alice, I will never understand why Christopher insists on flirting with me every time he sees me. Why doesn’t he do that to Edward?”

“Oh Jazz, Chris loves the response he gets from you. Edward just plays it off, because he’s so used to his crazy fans, but your reaction is priceless.”

“So, I’m curious Jasper, what’s the offer that Chris was talking about?” Edward asked.

Jasper just groaned and covered his face with his hands, while Alice answered the question.

“A couple of months ago, Chris told Jazz, and I quote: ‘Jasper, you can park your boots under my bed any time.’.” And then she exploded into laughter soon joined by Edward and myself.

----------V&V---------

A while later, we were sat at a little bistro near the hotel.

“So, you got your invitation to Mark and Sylvia’s wedding?” It was more of a statement rather than a question from Alice.

She turned to me, “Bella, I hope you’ll decide to go with us.”

Chris wasn’t lying, Alice must be psychic. I find it a little creepy.

“So, you and Jasper are attending?” I asked.

“I wouldn’t miss it, Sylvia and Mark are two of my best clients, and I designed the wedding gown.” She smiled brightly.

“We are all going, Edward will rent a suite for everyone, so you’ll have your own room. There’s no need to feel awkward about it.”

Oh my gosh, Alice just resolved all my problems with this trip in one fell swoop.

“Well, I guess if Edward really wants me to, I can come.”

“Really?!” Alice squealed.

Edward, who was smiling before, winced at her outburst.

“Sugar, I’d suggest you bring your enthusiasm down just a notch. I’m afraid Edward may have all kinds of unwanted attention as it is already.” Jasper said while looking at Alice with an adoring smile on his handsome face.

Sure enough, I glanced across the bistro to find at least three tables of patrons openly gawking at us, or more specifically, they were gawking at Edward.

This Aspen trip could be a great idea for me. I’ll get to know Alice (and Edward) better, before going to California on spring break. Then if our ‘friendship’ doesn’t work out, I can blow off the L.A. trip. Oh but God, I hope things do work out with Edward.

When the car arrived, we left Alice and Jasper, and rode up to the Washington Park Arboretum. This was the location for the second part of Edward’s interview.

Even in winter, the park was beautiful. As soon as we arrived, I led Edward over to Camille for his makeup.

If possible, her outfit was even worse today. I swear she must have a stash of clothing she purchased from Frederick’s of Hollywood in the 80’s. I made sure to give her the ‘stink eye’ before I went to get coffee for Edward and tea for myself.

Upon my return, it was obvious that something bad had happened. Edward’s face was blood red, and he was no longer seated in the makeup chair. He was standing about ten feet away from Camille, arms folded across his chest, glaring at her.

Camille didn’t even seem fazed by his hostility. She was actually stalking closer to him. She stopped dead when she spotted me approaching.

“What’s going on?” I asked Edward.

“Bella, I’m sorry, but I’m not comfortable with her touching me.” Edward now looked appalled.

“ She decided she couldn’t live without my opinion of her breast augmentation surgery! She told me as much, and before I realized what was happening, she was unbuttoning her shirt and pulling my hand towards her…ugh, I can’t even say anymore.”

No way did that skank try to put my man’s hand on her nasty boobies. ‘My man‘? Really Bella. STOP don’t get distracted, focus, bitch is going down!

“Camille, I need you to come with me.” If possible, I was even angrier than Edward.

I found Rose standing near one of the vans speaking with the show’s producer, Wally. She smiled when she saw me, her expression changing to one of concern when she realized I was angry.

“What happened Bells?” Rose narrowed her eyes.

“Rose, let me tell you the whole story. Yesterday Camille made several remarks of a sexual nature and exhibited inappropriate behavior towards Edward. I warned her then that if it continued, I would demand that she be replaced.”

“Apparently, she didn’t take my words seriously because, Stifler’s mom here just tried to flash Edward, while grabbing his hand to place it on her diseased tits.” yeah, I was pissed.

Can someone have diseased tits? I’m not sure. I think the word ‘diseased’ would more aptly describe Camille’s nether regions. Ew.

Rose turned to face Camille. “I can’t deal with you as I would like right now because that would be illegal.” she seethed.

I saw Camille swallow nervously, as her eyes darted around, possibly looking for a way to escape.

Rose got right in Camille’s face so that their noses were almost touching. “You need to pack up your shit, right now, and go. I’ll leave it up to Wally here and the station manager to decide if you have a job at all after today, but you will never work on any of my segments again you classless bitch.”

I love you Rose, if I wasn’t afraid of everything, and if it weren’t scientifically impossible, I would want to have your babies.

Camille scurried away as quickly as her red ‘fuck me’ heels would allow, and disappeared. All that was left behind was the stench of her cheap perfume.

Wally, who stood there during the entire exchange with his mouth hanging open, cleared his throat “Uh, I’ll call Frank” he muttered as he pulled out his cell phone and walked away.

Rose and I looked at each other for a long minute before bursting into hysterical laughter.

I saw Edward watching us from a distance, smirking and shaking his head.

Frank, the other makeup artist, arrived soon after, and did his job without incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment